What Will It Cost?
So… the question we all need to know…
What will it cost?… On this site we will try to give you as accurate an estimate as possible so that you won’t get any surprises later.
Reticulation / Irrigation
Installations: are always on a case by case inspection, but the following ‘set up costs’ can be expected:
- Retic cut in by licensed plumber $220.00 + GST
- Hardwiring of controller $150.00 + GST
- Electronic Controller $375-500 + GST (depending on what is chosen)
To give you an idea of what to expect a VERY rough ball park figure for a 4 x 2 home on a 600m block with 5 or 6 stations is usually around $3500 + GST
A front irrigation install on this kind of home would be around $2100 + GST and a rear install usually around $1300 + GST
We always compete on price so feel free to let us know your best quote and we will try to beat it.
Irrigation Service Work: $80.00 for the first quarter hour and then $20.00/quarter hour after that (plus parts) + GST.
In the busy season there may be two of us working together.Where a second technician is involved he will be charged at $12.50/quarter hour (no call out applicable). If the job is small and he is not required then there will be no charge.
Some typical costs:
All prices are ex GST
- New Station Solenoid $150-200.00
- New Master Valve $150-250.00
- Minor service $140.00
- New Control Box $375-415.00
- Use of solenoid detector $55/session
- Sprinkler – with Toro nozzle $13.00
There are many varieties of turf, but these are the most popular
Wintergreen: This is a fine couch lawn and does well in sunny areas.
It costs between $14.00/sqm – $20.00/sqm + delivery (usually around $100.00) supplied and laid + GST.
Softleaf Buffalo: We recommend either Sir Walter Buffalo or Palmetto.
Costs range between $18.00/sqm – $22.00 + delivery (usually around $100.00) supplied and laid + GST
Empire Zoyzia: This is a newer turf and also very popular.
Costs range between $18.00/sqm to $22.00sqm + delivery (usually around $100.00) supplied and laid + GST
All of our turf laying assumes:
- the ground is approx 20ml below desired finish height for wintergreen and 40ml for buffalo.
- the ground is level and raked free of rocks and debris
- any soil conditioner has already been added. (We are able to supply and spread this)
When we come we:
- screed the ground to get it smooth and level
- wet the area to be laid and spread dynamic lifter (lawn starter)
- lay the lawn
- compact the lawn
- sweep the area and clean up
- give you written instructions on how to maintain your new lawn
The wastes will be left on your block to dispose of.
We can also:
– remove excess dirt ($200.00/trailer load + GST)
– supply and spread soil conditioner ($180.00/trailer load + GST)
– remove all wastes – price depends on volume but usually $100.00 + GST covers it
All turf is guaranteed to be supplied in top condition and laid according to best practice, however Brighton Reticulation cannot be responsible for the ongoing health of the turf. Adequate watering / weeding / mowing / fertilizing will all ensure the turf will remain healthy.